Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Review from Sarah at "Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering"

Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle’s latest book is proof that the lives of the saints are anything but boring.

The book fits in the side pocket of my going-somewhere-without-the-diaper-bag purse. I tuck it in my diaper bag or in my coat pocket. Sometimes I stow it with my prayer books, in a nook above my microwave.

But it’s not just the handy size that makes this book the perfect gift for just about anyone, and I am even thinking about giving it to a few young non-Catholics in my life - who doesn’t love a hero?

That’s what this book is about. It’s about heroes. It’s about the saints of yesterday (and some of the yesterdays aren’t so long ago!) who lived their faith.

What you’ll find in Catholic Saints Prayer Book: Moments of Inspiration from Your Favorite Saints is not a tome of dusty stories (though those have their place). You’ll find just enough information about each of the 32 saints to whet your appetite and feed your prayer life. Using Donna’s format, you get catechesis AND prayer.

This isn’t a book with exhaustive facts about every saint. Instead, it’s a collection of snapshots to encourage you as you trundle along from one daily task to another.

It’s also worth checking out Donna’s new book-inspired blog, Moments of Inspiration with Your Favorite Saints.

UPDATED TO ADD:
Donna just alerted me that she will be on the air with Teresa Tomeo on Monday, May 12th at 9:15 AM Eastern Standard Time to talk about this book. Listen live!

UPDATED AGAIN:
Donna sent me a link to her post about the show. So, if you're interested in hearing about it straight from her, go check out what she has to say and plan to listen!

***


Thanks so much, dear Sarah!

Check out Sarah's beautiful blog here. Be sure to check out her baby pics!

No comments: