Saturday, March 8, 2008

Favorite Saint winner!


Our next winner in the "Favorite Saint" contest is Jen. Her reflection is here:

"While I have many favorite intercessors in heaven the Saint who I have the deepest friendship with is Saint Therese the Little Flower. You could say that she "picked" me because it wasn't until about three years ago that I was introduced to her.

One day I was looking for a book to read and came upon her "Story of a Soul" in my bookcase. I had had the book for quite some time and to this day have no idea why it was THAT book that I choose at that time (except that maybe St. Therese choose that day for me to get to know her!)

I devoured her autobiography in a short time and fell in love with her spirituality. So simple and yet so profound. So full of the love of God and His love for us, His children. Ever since reading it I have decided that I too want to take up St. Therese's "Little Way". While I have many, many books on her teachings and spirituality I haven't read them all...I've found that the best way for me to learn her teaching is through prayer.

At the time while I was reading her autobiography I was also trying to discern my vocation. Ever since that day I have entrusted to her the special protection of the vocation God has chosen for me.

I have prayed many novena's asking St. Therese for one intention or another....many times simply for a particular grace. And it never fails that in some form or another at some point during the novena I receive one of her "roses from heaven."

The relationship I have with St. Therese isn't one that I looked for....and yet she is a part of my life and I can't imagine my life without her intercession and prayers. She always seems to make her presence known in my life even if I haven't been looking for her. It is a peaceful, welcoming presence and I thank God for having her take a special interest in me!"
--Jen Stefano from Daughter of the King blog.


You may order The Story of a Soul here.
For St. Therese medal, click here.


Thank you very much for sharing your personal story with us, Jen! It will, I'm sure, inspire others to call upon St. Therese too!

Jen has won a signed copy of my new Saints book, Catholic Saints Prayer Book in which I have included dear St. Therese.

No comments: