Sunday, March 16, 2008

St Joseph, once again!


Yesterday was the day that St. Joseph's feast day was celebrated rather than on March 19th when it is normally celebrated since the 19th falls during Holy Week. I had planned to post something yesterday about St.Joseph - even it was just a "Happy St. Joseph's feast day!" greeting. However, yesterday was a very busy day and I wasn't even able to post that one greeting! I hope that you all had a very happy St.Joseph's day. I know at least one person who did.

I'd like to share some wonderful news with you. A friend of mine had asked for prayers a couple of weeks ago because she was experiencing problems. Her adult son had a serious problem with a drug addiction. He was refusing to stay in rehab and had recently become suicidal. Needless to say, this poor mother was suffering terribly for love of her son and desperate for help. Her pain and anguish were deep. St. Joseph was invoked by this mother and others through a novena that ended yesterday on St. Joseph's feast day.

I just got word early this morning that this friend's "prayers were answered!" St. Joseph has come though once again! This seemingly insurmountable situation has been taken care of by this awesome Saint! If you will, please keep this family in your prayers for continued strength and grace. I personally will pray another novena to St. Joseph in thanksgiving for the answer to prayer.

Dear St. Joseph, thank you for coming to our aid once again! Thank you for interceding on our behalf. We love you!

This is a prayer I often use:

PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH



O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O thou Saint Joseph, do assist me by thy powerful intercession, and obtain for me from thy divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers. O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee, and Jesus asleep in thy arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. Saint Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me. Amen!

No comments: